That was it for me. I had read enough of the downfall where I realized that we are living in a GIF world while the fall of America circled around us like the wildfires in northern and southern California. It’s been a total wipe out of everything we hold close as American ideals:
- helping others become something in life to strive to be better than what they were given at birth
- educating the masses (yes, ALL people) and with minimal tuition, if any
- feeding the hungry, underserved populations of our nation
- providing access to healthcare for all
- ensuring the separation of church and state
- funding art and music to provide culturally enriching moments for all citizens
- [enter your ideals here]
Instead, we now have lost total grip on reality by plugging in the worst Plutocrat the world has known. Foolish Americans handed our democracy to a demagogue who cares for nothing more than enriching his personal treasury and that of his family. The Gee-Oh-Pee doesn’t mind helping him if it keeps them in power to undermine all institutions of government because they wish to break free from discipline, rules, and order. The selfish RepubliCANTs want the entire trough. They swathe themselves in pages of the Bible paying ZERO heed to the scripture of the heart of Jesus Christ, their lord and savior. Never has there been such utter nonsensical disregard for what it means to embody the words of good humans who once roamed this earth: Confucius, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad.
WAIT. Isn’t the title of this post “Sound Healing?” Where’s the healing, Dana?
Oh, yes. I was getting to that. So, all of this horror has me doing TWO things very differently than ever before.
- I listen to the Sirius XM SPA Channel. I’m not kidding. It is relaxing and takes my mind off the world and into a cinematic score as I meander through the streets of San Francisco. I can’t believe I listen to it every day. It’s aurally healing. I remember when we used to call this “New Age Music,” but I guess that’s outdated and trite. So, SPA it is. I’ve heard William Orbit, David Sylvian, Brian Eno, Kitaro, Loreena McKennitt, Enya, and a host of others that I’m new to like David Arkenstone and his “soundtracks of the imagination.”
- Shinrin-yoku is a term that means “taking in the forest atmosphere” or “forest bathing.” It was developed in Japan during the 1980s and has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine. I love it and find just enough time nearly every day to walk among the trees in the park right near my apartment. It’s so beautifully meditative. We have numerous small birds everywhere in that park and I like to stop to hear their sonorous birdsong.
Here are a few bits I’ve researched on Sound Healing:
- What you need to know about sound healing
- Sound Meditation SF
- My favorite free app for easy sound to drown out city life: NOISLI It’s so easy. Go there now and check it out. DIVINE.